I am a preferred provider for the following insurance companies:
Lifewise Health Plan
Regence BlueShield* pending and sample letter
Uniform Medical Plan
WA Teamsters Welfare Trust
Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medicare, Medicaid, and L&I do not cover acupuncture.
Patients, parents, and/or guardians is responsible for knowing and verifying their insurance coverage and eligibility prior to the first treatment.
What to Ask Your Insurance Provider
To verify your coverage, call the 800 number on the back of your insurance card. Here are some questions that you can ask your insurance provider:
- Does your insurance policy cover acupuncture care?
- Does your insurance company cover your condition(s)? (i.e pain, digestion, allergies)
- Do you need a referral from a primary care physician?
- Do you need pre-authorization from by the insurance company prior to treatment?
- Is there an annual deductible?
- Is there a maximum dollar limit for acupuncture care per calendar year?
- Is there a maximum number of visits allowed per calendar year?
- What is my co-pay or co-insurance parentage per treatment?
Many health insurance only covers certain conditions. It is your responsibility to know what services and condition(s) are covered by your health insurance. And your co-pay and/or co-insurance amount.
Co-pay and co-insurance payment are due at time of service. We accept cash, check, or credit card.